Join us for a winter workshop for fitness training for both your dog and for you through a canicross session, followed by hill running training to help you get faster and stronger for the race season ahead. Whether you are new to the sport, or a seasoned runner. we will push you to get the best from yourself and to see real and positive changes in your fitness levels.
You don’t need to be a super runner to take part, but a basic level of running fitness is required. All that we ask is that you come and work hard to the best of your ability! This is a perfect time of the year to start canicross!
Please aim to arrive 15-20 mins early if you wish to borrow kit. Please also arrive early enough to allow your dog to go to the toilet. All dog fouling MUST be bagged and binned.
Postcode: BT46 5PB
Getting there: The entrance to the reserve at 15 Halfgayne road and the above postcode should take you right to the entrance. You will see wooden signs on either side of the entrance. Drive through this entrance and up the single track road, being mindful of the speed limit and speed bumps. The main car park is at the top of this road on the left.
10.00-10.50: Canicross Class
15-20mins to put dogs back into cars, get a rest and a drink, and drive around to hill running location
11.15-12.00: Hill running strength and fitness session
12.10-12.30: Cool down and stretch
What to bring:
- Clothes you can exercise in and your own kit if you have it.
- You MUST carry your mobile phone with your during this class
- Bring a change of socks and shoes as some of the ground can be boggy and very wet
- Water and a biscuit for your dog for after class.
- A mat or old towel to lie on for human exercises at the end of class.
- An old towel to wipe down borrowed kit
- Warm and dry clothing for after the workshop