In partnership with Connswater Community Greenway, we are hosting a 4 week introduction to canicross block ahead of an East Belfast canicross race event taking place in September. These classes will take place from 7-8pm, beginning on Thursday 7th of March, and finishing on Thursday 28th March. These classes are suited to all fitness levels, both human and dog! If you want to get out with like minded people and get fitter with your dog, this is the fitness class for you!
The first week on Thursday 7th March will take place at Victoria park (BT4 1JT), with more details to follow closer to the time of additional East Belfast parks we may use for the classes to keep things fun and interesting!
Please aim to arrive 15-20 mins early if you need to borrow kit. Please also arrive early enough to allow your dog to go to the toilet. All dog fouling MUST be bagged and binned. Don’t forget your head torch and high viz!
Classes can only be booked and paid for as a 4 week block
Dogs must be a minimum of 11 months old
What you will learn:
- Canicross commands required to run as a team with your dog.
- The correct kit required for you and your dog.
- How to encourage your dog to pull out in front in a harness and ignore distractions.
- Interaction with other dogs.
- How to get fitter with your 4-legged pal.
What to bring:
- Clothes you can exercise in and your own kit if you have it.
- A head torch and high viz are mandatory for all winter classes.
- Water and a biscuit for your dog for after class.
- A mat or old towel to lie on for human exercises at the end of class.
- An old towel to wipe down borrowed kit.