Its almost the festive season of indulgence! Crank your fitness up a gear ahead of the holidays, and don’t feel guilty about taking that second helping of turkey on Christmas day!
Our canicross bootcamp will consist of a 2 hour session, broken down into canicross time, and a human only strength and running based workout to improve your fitness for canicross. With experience across a broad range of sports, coach Aisling will push you to work hard and make progress in your fitness goals.
10.30-11.15: Canicross Class
10-15mins to put dogs back into cars, get a rest and a drink.
11.30-12.10: Strength and running based workout
12.10-12.30: Yoga and cool down
Please aim to arrive 15-20 mins early if you wish to borrow kit for canicross. Please also arrive early enough to allow your dog to go to the toilet. All dog fouling MUST be bagged and binned.
Postcode: BT42 3EP
Getting there: The entrance to the reservoir is on Shane’s Hill Road, you will see gates, a green sign with white writing with the name of the reservoir, and a metal barrier type gate. Drive up the road and take the first left signed posted for the Dam where we will meet. Do not go straight down this road as this takes you to the water treatment plant.
What to bring:
- Clothes you can exercise in and your own kit if you have it.
- High viz or a brightly coloured top is a must for this class as we will be right in the thick of the forest
- You MUST carry your mobile phone with your during this class
- Bring a change of socks and shoes as some of the ground can be boggy and very wet
- Water and a biscuit for your dog for after class.
- A mat or old towel to lie on for human exercises at the end of class.
- An old towel to wipe down borrowed kit.