Join us for a class with a difference at our new venue at Killylane Reservoir. A wild venue with lots of hidden trails and mixed terrain, this class will test your running and canicross skills.
This is an intermediate level class and will last up to, but no more than 2 hours. This class is not suited to those new to canicross or new to running as there are some steep climbs and tricky terrain. If you attend classes already, or are a sub 30min 5k runner and enjoy a bit of a trail running adventure, this is the class for you! Newcomers are welcome, but a reasonable level of fitness is required from both you and your dog. The class will consist of a mix of running and hiking depending on trail conditions.
Please aim to arrive 15-20 mins early if you wish to borrow kit. Please also arrive early enough to allow your dog to go to the toilet. All dog fouling MUST be bagged and binned.
Postcode: BT42 3EP
Getting there: The entrance to the reservoir is on Shane’s Hill Road, you will see gates, a green sign with white writing with the name of the reservoir, and a metal barrier type gate. Drive up the road and take the first left signed posted for the Dam where we will meet. Do not go straight down this road as this takes you to the water treatment plant.
What to bring:
- Clothes you can exercise in and your own kit if you have it.
- High viz or a brightly coloured top is a must for this class as we will be right in the thick of the forest
- You MUST carry your mobile phone with your during this class
- Bring a change of socks and shoes as some of the ground can be boggy and very wet
- Water and a biscuit for your dog for after class.
- A mat or old towel to lie on for human exercises at the end of class.
- An old towel to wipe down borrowed kit.