Join us for a race in the stunning grounds of Lissan House, an enchanted woodland full of mud and secret trails to explore!
This is a canicross race…….but one with a twist! As a location for equestrian events, Lissan House is going to be a muddy one, with jumps and swamps to challenge you and your dog, ain’t gonna be any PB’s in this race!
This is a race you don’t want to miss and one your dog is going to love!
Start time 5k race: 10.00am
Start time 3k and kids race: 11.00am
A detailed race information pack will be emailed out to all competitors a few days prior to the event. PLEASE READ THIS PACK CAREFULLY.
What To Expect
- The race will be a mixture of forest, grassland and harder packed gravel trails. It is very muddy in parts, so trail shoes are a must to stay upright.
- Some climbing/jumping over natural horse jumps will be required as they are permanent fixtures on the site. However, options will be available to go around obstacles if you do not feel comfortable/cannot go through or over them.
- 5k race is for age 16 and over, age 15 and under must enter the 3k race.
- The 3k race is more suited to novice runners and kids. Kids are more than welcome to take part, but age 13 and under must be accompanied by an adult and can only take part in the 3k race.
- The race will use canicross specific signage which will be highlighted in the race info packs emailed out to entrants several days before the race
- The race will be seeded – you will be set off individually according to your estimated 5k/3k time stated on your entry form
- Dogs must be a minimum of 11 months old to take part.
- To avoid standing around in the cold, a virtual race briefing will be released via video several days before the event, so just make sure to turn up in good time for your allocated race start time.
- Prizes will be awarded for 1st-3rd male and female in both races, as well as prizes for 1st-3rd male and female in the kids category, and in the 2 dog canicross race.
- This race is open to all abilities, just come along and give it a go as long as you don’t mind some mud!
- This is a natural and fairly wild venue with minimal shelter, so come prepared for all weather!
What To Bring
- Prepare for November weather, and be prepared to get wet and VERY muddy! Bring waterproofs and a full change of clothes and plenty of warm layers, a hat and gloves. For your dog bring a towel to dry off at the end of the race, and make sure they are kept warm and dry after the race.
- Trail shoes with good grip are a MUST!
- Make sure you carry a mobile phone in case of emergency.
- Picking up after your dog is a must, so bring plenty of poo bags – bins will be provided in the main car park and around the race route
- A suitable harness for your dog is a MUST. It should be a snug but not tight around the neck, and not be so large that it slips back onto the throat or shoulders.
- Anti pull harnesses such as Halti or Julius K9 are not permitted, as well as slip leads, retractable leads, choke collars or anything that restricts the dogs breathing or shoulder movement, i.e harness with horizontal straps across the dogs chest.
- You must have a bungee running line to connect you to your dog.
- You are not permitted to run with a collar and a lead.
- It is highly recommended that you have a proper running belt for yourself, not just a waist belt. However there is some flexibility on this as Canicross is a new sport to many.
- For advice on kit, drop us an email or have a look at our online kit shop.
- 5k race £20 per entrant.
- 3k race £18 per entrant.
- Kids 3k race £16 per entrant
- 2 Dog canicross (5k) £20 per entrant
- You may enter multiple races, but you must use a different dog in each race.
- Please fill in a separate registration form for each race category you wish to enter