Fancy getting ahead of the game and having a sneak peek of the trails for our Muddy Mutts race on the 24th November?
Join is for a class where we will have a rummage around the race trails of Lissan House, practice crossing some obstacles, and teach you the best techniques for running over muddy winter terrain. Fingers crossed, we will get a nosy inside the 400 year old house, and a stop off in the tea room for their famous scones (Bring £5.00 for this if you fancy tea and scones post class).
Please aim to arrive 15-20 mins early if you wish to borrow kit. Please also arrive early enough to allow your dog to go to the toilet. All dog fouling MUST be bagged and binned. Dogs MUST be kept on leads at all times as there is farmland with sheep and cattle surrounding the forest.
Newcomers to canicross are very welcome to attend this session, but please do arrive early to be fitted for kit.
Postcode BT80 9SW
(Drumgrass Road, Cookstown). Upon approach you will see a maroon sign for Lissan House and Demesne, follow the road through the main gates. Follow this long single track road right to the end and the car park is on the left in front of the stable yard.
What to bring:
- Clothes you can exercise in and your own kit if you have it.
- Trail shoes are required for this class
- You MUST carry your mobile phone with your during class
- Bring a change of socks and shoes as some of the ground can be boggy and very wet
- Water and a biscuit for your dog for after class.
- A mat or old towel to lie on for human exercises at the end of class.
- An old towel to wipe down borrowed kit.
- £5.00 if you wish to join us for tea/coffee scones in the Lissan House tearoom after class