Get race ready for our Muddy Mutts Canicross race this November
Perhaps you have raced with us before or are a regular class member, so know that we love a bit of mud and a challenge!
If you are new to the sport and are thinkng about racing with us this November, here are some top tips for racing, and what to expect from our event at Lissan House.
This is no ordinary race….its rugged, wet and uneven underfoot, with the ground in many places being chopped up by horses as the ground of Lissan House are also used for equestrian activities. Don’t expect any personal bests on this route!
You and your dog will also have to use your teamwork skills to navigate natural obstacles and the array of horse jumps dotted around the route….as well as one little mud pit and a water crossing.
Fear not however, there are some areas of regular trails to give your legs a rest, and the trail to the finish line is a clean fast stretch for a photo finish!
Race day top tips
- Bring plenty of dry and warm clothing for after the race
- Arrive in good time to allow you and your dog time to go to the toilet and get warmed up
- Take your time on this course and hike if you need to
- If you have ankle issues, tape them or wear support, and take your time on tricky sections
- This is still a canicross race- you must have proper kit for you and your dog
- Slow down on approach to obstacles- how are you going to cross them?
- This race is seeded fastest first and you will receive a start time in the days before the race- please don’t miss your slot!
- Lastly, have lots of fun! This is a race your dog is going to love, and you will have one mucky, tired and content pooch by the end of the day!
- Need some practice before race day? Book on to any of our regular classes in Belfast or Mid Ulster.